- I studied graphic design for 5 years in Switzerland. Later I taught myself motion graphics with After Effects.
- My first computer was a Sinclair ZX81. A few computers later, in 1989, I got my first Mac Plus. I used to like working on black & white screens while listening to the Cure.
- In 1998, I moved to Hollywood and took a job at Imaginary Forces. Among other projects, I worked on over 12 commercials for Janus Mutual Fund. A lot of Din typeface.
- Sketching & telling stories with typography or illustration is my favorite part of a job.
- I don't do "spec" work. I have yet to hear of a dentist doing work on spec.
- I’ve taught a class on motion graphics & typography at UCLA Design | Media Arts.
- A few years ago, I had the opportunity to direct a few live action projects, some with my friend Patrick Fraser, photographer & cinematographer. Here is one of these projects for the Colcoa French Film festival.
- I am the luckiest husband (she's sitting next to me as I am typing this) and a father of two awesome boys living in the jungle of Los Angeles.